PostgreSQL was: Re: Squeak people is written in?....

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Tue Jan 4 18:46:08 UTC 2005

Benjamin Pollack wrote:
>  I used
> the current Squeak driver with 7.4.6 for a MASSIVE project this past
> semester, and it worked very well, even under a heavy load.

Is there a link to more info?

> It also
> worked on the 8.0 alpha stream in light testing, but PostgreSQL logged
> a warning that the 2.5 protocol is outdated.

Ah, not so pretty. I guess that some time down the road I'll
have to update the code to the new protocol (it's not that hard).

>  The only component that's missing functionality-wise that I
> noticed--and it doesn't work on 7 or 8--is MD5 password
> authentication.

Only cleartext authentication is coded for. The other 4 or so
auth. methods have no code support (I thought there would at
least be a warning - very bad if it's just silent).