Balloon Issues

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jan 8 19:44:14 UTC 2005

On Jan 8, 2005, at 9:42 AM, Michael Latta wrote:

> While Smalltalk makes many of these tasks possible, it represents work
> not related to the project.  It currently looks like a virtual rewrite
> of Balloon and font rendering would be required to achieve a graphics
> model like that found in PostScript, Quartz, or Java2D.
>
> It is possible I will continue to "play" with Squeak, but using it on
> a project would yield more consistent time and motivation.

Hi Michael,

I am working on an interface to the Cairo 2D graphics library. It
promises to provide great-looking output of graphics and text. Its
graphics model is pretty much that of PDF. I don't know how good the
performance is going to be, though.

I'm currently trying to get a Mac build of my work together, so you
should be able to try it sometime soon.