[ANN] OmniBrowser 1.0b2

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sun Jan 9 00:05:23 UTC 2005

On Jan 8, 2005, at 6:56 PM, Jon Hylands wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:49:18 -0500, Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> I've just published OmniBrowser 1.0b2 to SqueakMap.
>
> What version of Squeak is it supposed to work with?

Oops. I develop on 3.8 stable, but it *should* work with 3.7 as well.

> I tried to install it in a virgin 3.7 image (Squeak3.7-5989-full), and
> got
> an error where it was trying to send #register to SystemBrowser, which
> is
> undefined in my image...

SystemBrowser is actually a (confusingly named) app registry for
browser implementations, and OB was just registering its self as being
one such that the user can set as the "default browser." You can safely
ignore that walkback for the time being.

I'll make a new release that works on 3.7 as well.

Colin