Balloon Issues

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Sun Jan 9 04:28:35 UTC 2005

On Jan 8, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2005, at 12:10 PM, Michael Latta wrote:
>
>> That would be great.  I presume existing Morph subclasses would work,
>> or do they need to be rewritten?
>>
> My focus isn't on Morphic right now, just the graphics API. But it
> should be possible to make a canvas replacement that would use this,
> yes.

Given that the current canvas code is all visible in Smalltalk it
should be possible.  Emulating the BitBlt functions will be the hardest
part, but I imagine emulating what is actually used in the primary
tools and Connectors 2.0 would be manageable.  I would need in-place
text editing, and full multi-lingual text would be better.  The tricky
part would be in dealing with fractional font metrics as far as the
editing code is concerned.  But, then again, being Smalltalk it may
just work, since the code should not be dependent on data types!  At
most it may be refactoring some rounded messages.

Let me know when you have a Mac build.