[ENH] ChangeSetRefactoring-gk with changeset splitting!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jan 14 10:02:26 UTC 2005

Hi all!

Bloody hell, I wrote a long description of this but it evidently went to
bit heaven. Snarl.
Ok, once more:

This changeset contains fixes, refactorings, additions to an external
package etc. So IT IS NOT MEANT FOR INCLUSION. Having said that....

I developed it in a 3.8b-6371 image. When filed in you should get three
new actions in your ChangeSorter, two for splitting and one for mailing
to maintainers. A "split" is a new changeset that has changes for one
PackageInfo package in it. It's name is
<srcChangeSet>-><piName>.<developerInitials>. You work with it like
this:

1. Hack, hack, hack in one changeset.
2. Use changesorter and do "split" either with copy or move. If you only
copy the original changeset will stay untouched. You can split
repeatedly and it will reuse existing "split" changesets.
3. When the feature is complete - choose mail to maintainers. It will
ask to split if there are no splits around (using copy). The email will
contain both the original cs and the splits. The recipients will be ALL
maintainers and co-maintainers of ALL involved splits.

Have fun!

regards, Göran

PS. Does NOT handle class removals. I guess that is a HARD problem.