Time to think about parallel Smalltalk stuff

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 23:55:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:44:02 -0500, Alan Grimes
<alangrimes at starpower.net> wrote:
> A problem arising here is that unixoid OSes use the POSIX threading
> library (pthreads), while 'doze has a different (inferior) threading
> model...

Huh?  If you're talking about Windows 9x/ME then I might be able to
agree with you. The threading model used in Windows NT/2K/XP is VERY
similar to that used in pthreads. Having previously written
abstraction layers (OK I was programming in C - not Smalltalk) for
both OSes, they are quite similar.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada