[BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #layoutFrame

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jan 20 12:56:32 UTC 2005

At 11:34 20.01.2005, frank wrote:

>Why can't you load the BFAV viewer?

Because I get a syntax error installing BFAV2 installer into 3.7-5989-basic:
"error occured retrieving http:Argument expected
->//map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/accountbyid/7d14beff-c6b5-40fe-b47b-625d54519641/files/BFAV-Installer-2.30.st:
Server map1.squeakfoundation.org is not responding "

> > A suggestion: In Ooram, we had added a command to the
> > debugger: 'Report
> > bug'. This command caused a dump of the stack + some other info to be
> > e-mailed to the product maintainers. It should be easy for
> > the right people
> > to add such a command as an extension to e.g., BFAV.
>
>I'm running 3.8-6550. If I open a debugger, the context menu in the stack
>window has an item "mail out bug report" - you can use that to report the
>bug. If you have BFAV installed in the image the menu item will open a
>DecentReviewerNotePad for you, with a dump of the stack in the text area.

Excellent! I suggest this should be an easily accessible feature for
everybody (including newbies) to make it easier to give assistance and
track down bugs.

--

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver <at> ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver