[BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #layoutFrame

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Thu Jan 20 16:17:46 UTC 2005

Correct - that page doesn't exist. This one does, though: http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/.

> The only weird part is the Squeak error message. It doesn't
> tell me what
> the problem really is. But I have plenty of problems of my
> own, so I just
> stay away from BFAV. Wasn't there some other bug reporting
> scheme I should use?

I agree that the error message isn't very useful.

I'm trying to establish whether it's a problem with BFAV or a connectivity problem. I think it's the latter. The installation process is SqueakMap's responsibility, after all. If the installation fails, then something went wrong with the installation process, not with the thing being installed.

To verify this, I fired up a virgin 3.7-5989 image, and installed BFAV without a hitch.

As for reporting bugs, if you report bugs to the list, you are reporting it to BFAV, as BFAV collects posts with [BUG] etc. in the subject. The other bug reporting place is http://bugs.impara.de/main_page.php.

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720