A question on override on MC

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 23:11:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:54:36 +0100, stéphane ducasse
<ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> (I still do not know how I should named the category since I forget all
> the times *overrides?)

In this case, "*B-override"

> So my question: are overriden methods saved in package even if there
> are masked at save time?

Yes.  Though in general we've found that overrides are more trouble
than they're worth; in some ways you're much better off to release a
new version of A that has your change to AA>m.  Then recommend that
people either load or merge that version of A before loading B.

Avi