[BUG][BFAV] BFAV can't parse changesets with non-ASCII characters

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Fri Jan 21 13:26:31 UTC 2005

I wrote:

> Goran Krampe's CollectionPrintingEnh changeset has a
> lowercase O with diaresis. BFAV displays the changeset as
> though the changeset truncates at the "G" character, like this:

<snip>

It seems that MultiByteFileStream truncates the stream incorrectly. You'll have to adjust the value of file accordingly, but print this:

| file |
file := 'C:\Program Files\Squeak-3.2.2\email-file-repository\bfav.squeakfoundation.org\emails\26180.eml'.
MultiByteFileStream readOnlyFileNamed: file

Is that because MultiByteFileStream needs a better/more appropriate converter? ("MultiByteFileStream new converter" gives me "Latin1TextConverter".)

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720