[BUG][BFAV] BFAV can't parse changesets with non-ASCII characters

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Tue Jan 25 08:10:16 UTC 2005

  Hello,

> It seems that MultiByteFileStream truncates the stream incorrectly. You'll have to adjust the value of file accordingly, but print this:
>
> | file |
> file := 'C:\Program Files\Squeak-3.2.2\email-file-repository\bfav.squeakfoundation.org\emails\26180.eml'.
> MultiByteFileStream readOnlyFileNamed: file
>
> Is that because MultiByteFileStream needs a better/more appropriate
> converter? ("MultiByteFileStream new converter" gives me
> "Latin1TextConverter".)

  The change set seems to be in latin-1 encoding.  My question is how
Göran created that change set.

  In 3.8 beta/gamma era, a change set should be in MacRoman if the
file doesn't begins with three octet UTF-8 BOM, namely 100% compatible
with pre-3.8, or in UTF-8.

  Some program inbetween might convert it to latin-1, I'd suppose.

-- Yoshiki