[e-lang] Re: Time to think about parallel Smalltalk stuff

Mark Miller markm at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Jan 25 17:05:13 UTC 2005

Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
> [...] I *do*
> encourage you to get your concurrency primitives and composition
> mechanisms rigorously specified and tap the e-lang list for input on the
> security issues -- much as other groups have done.

And, if you're interested in E-style concurrency -- whether to adopt it, adapt
it, or to argue against it -- then, even if you're not interested in security,
I also encourage you to tap e-lang for feedback.

But if you're interested in becoming secure later, I wholehearted agree with
Jonathan's caution against deluding yourself.

     Cheers,
     --MarkM