[VM] [Newbie] How might I set the cursorpoint?

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 04:19:41 UTC 2005

I am trying to set the cursorpoint to a location on
the screen. I've traced the InputSensor>>cursorPoint:
to where it calls
<primitive 91> (twice) and then gives up. The cursor
is unmoved.

I'm using VM3.8.5Beta1 for MacOS9.1.

Now its not too surprising it didn't work.  My
curiosity is does the function work on other systems
generally and not mine or does it not work across the
board? And then, When did it last work on a mac? And
what's needed to make it work?

The reason I really want this is that it would be
elegant when tweaking bitfillstyles to have the cursor
jump to the origin rather than the origin jump to the
cursor and things like that.

The closest I could get was hacking NewHandle with a
temporary cursor and an offset but then the offest
cursor couldn't move fully on the screen. And weird
things happened because the real cursor was entering
and leave other things away from my focus of
attention.
The temporary cursor was only meant to have small
offsets to compensate for the hotspot.

Thanks for your help,  --Jerome Peace