[VM] [Newbie] How might I set the cursorpoint?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 26 20:54:45 UTC 2005

Darius <squeakuser at inglang.com> wrote:

> > It's a pretty bad bit of UI generally to take the users 'attention' and drag
> it somewhere else by force.
>
> Unless you are:
> 1. Running a playback of pre-recorded mouse movements macro ala
> "EventRecorderMorph".
Well that works by moving the morph, not the OS pointer. And you can
argue that your attention is on following the bouncing ball.

> 2. Running UI unit tests.
No need to move the OS pointer for that either; feed munged up events
into the queue.

> 3. Programatically controlling another application that only allows a
> visual/mouse/keyboard interface presence in your environment.
Ah, well, no accounting for the failure of competence of other software.

tim
Useful random insult:- Got a life, but wasn't sure what to do with it.