Let us face reality

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jan 27 10:25:36 UTC 2005

> Hello Stéphane,
>
> maybe I've missed something during the last weeks, just focussing the
> development and
> not organizational problems. So please tell me, what you really need?
> People
> administrating servers, server capacities, money?

We need money
	- to hire someone to help in maintaining things,
	- to do a new web site.

For the first point we are trying to create a legal entity that could
collect money
and would have decisional power not linked with money (ie people could
give money
so support the process and future of squeak but only people really
doing soemthing for squeak
would have the right to decide about the direction) like the mozilla
approach.

For the second point, I proposed to ask ESUG if we could get some money
to change the
first user interface of squeak: the web site and get it better
following www.seaside.st
I need some figures first

Then having people helping putting in place packages or cleaning the
stuff :).
Avi once started an experience to maintain the image with MC but really
few people followed him (me included I was flooded).

Stef