Let us face reality

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 27 23:31:39 UTC 2005

Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:

> No, that is not how the dynamics of volunteer work operate. I, for once,
> are *not* going to spend any time into a project of respectable size (new
> squeak.org) if it is not absolutely sure that the results of my efforts
> are used. And I'm quite sure that 99% thinks the same. Furthermore, it
> smells like Big Design Up Front...
>
> However, if you have the site on a community-controlled server, then we
> can start scratching small itches. Write a new front page, put in on
> test.squeak.org (whatever), and if it's ok, put it on-line.

A maybe-possible idea for doing this - build the new site on/in a
swiki. So far as I recall you can put pretty much any html in a swiki
so there ought not be any problems of restricting the content. People
can submit pages or even parts of pages easily in live form rather than
just hand-waving. Pages considered Neat++ can be simply locked or
copied out and converted to ordinary static pages.

tim
Strange OpCodes: DPN: Double Precision No-op