majorShrink

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 28 02:08:02 UTC 2005

Kamil Kukura <kamk at volny.cz> wrote:
> I was pondering about #majorShrink as about some tool for image
> customization. That it would have interactive window asking what to
> discard. Among other things there could be some nifties like:
>
> discardExperiments
>
> discardOldCrap
> discardDeprecated
>
> Of course, it should be maintained with every version published which is
> maybe hardest task...

You can do this right now, of course: just comment out the parts you
wish to keep.  :)  There are certain kinds of tools  you don't need, if
you are immersed in a great programming environment to begin with.

(The tool could do other things, yes, such as keep track of dependencies
between the pieces....  But I doubt *anyone* is up for that much work.
Far better to spend the time packagizing these components for real!)

Lex