Let us face reality

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jan 28 06:53:20 UTC 2005

Hi all!

A few short reactions without blabbering:

1. Regarding keeping up with all the work (harvesting primarily). Yes,
Cees is right. Packaging, packaging. This is TFNR all over, and we
really need to move forward with that. It is nice to see that more and
more people are getting convinced. I would love if someone could step
forward and say "Hey, Göran? I believe in that and I am willing to take
charge of it for the moment - what should I do?". Then we could "just do
it". At the moment I am still swamped, and when I do get time I think SM
deserves it first anyway.

2. Regarding moving squeak.org. Move it before or after we have a plan
of how to improve it? Again, I must say I am with Cees - move it first.
Then we have the freedom to improve it. If nothing happens, so what.
Btw, my HomepageBuilder stuff has evolved further and has Swiki like
capabilities while it still looks like a regular website. We could
perhaps use that.

3. Regarding money. I don't think money either solves the issue or is
available. :) But we *do* have some money in the PayPal account that
Cees set up and we currently use it to pay for the new virtual server.
It is at least a start. And we have a server that *we* own. Currently I,
Ken Causey and Cees are messing with it. I am just about to add a
remote-backup facility and BFAV has AFAIK already moved over to it. SM
will move too.

regards, Göran