Let us face reality

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Fri Jan 28 09:49:01 UTC 2005

Divide and conquer. Most of community meet here at squeak-dev which is
used for, literally, everything. From start, I would see at least
division into three lists:

o) squeak-lobby
Disussion about non-technical issues such as organization of community,
invitations to conferences, talking about presence (web, promo), squeak
jobs, money, advertisement, etc.

o) squeak-tech
Loose debates on everything technical that has no own list. At begining
be it just main lounge, in future it should divide into squeak-core and
squeak-packages, or maybe something else if time tell.

o) squeak-change
A place for [bug]s, [fix]es, [enh]ancements, [test]s, etc. This should
be rather a temporary workflow solution as we need some cool management
tools like ones Debianists use. Again, it will be mixture of core- and
packages- related stuff, but in future it can evolve.

There are of course lot more like squeak-hq for headquarters, squeak-vm
for VM specific, etc. but it all should evolve in future.

Just my 2 cents...

--
Kamil