Squeak is an unsuccessful open source project (was RE: Let usfacereality)

Sebastián Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com.ar
Mon Jan 31 23:59:40 UTC 2005

I've also following this thread with interest, and I agree with you in
flexibility could be made compatible with stability. If don't, think in
a fishing pole or bamboo as vegetal example of the concept.

As ST has antropomorphic features, I think it also allows to
compatibilize flexibility with stability. So Squeak can be firmly stable
and flexible at the same time. So lets work to make this squeak bamboo
version.

Is up to us.

Let me make a very naif question: how other ST environments have done
it? VisulWorks for instance? Is any idea in there that could be useful?
We want to be as firm as it? Or even better: using that inspiration (and
not only that) what do we have to improve so squeak can go to this new
better way?

	regards,

Sebastián Sastre

ssastre at seaswork.com.ar