Squeak's "general acceptance"

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sun Jul 3 04:58:39 UTC 2005

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:16:12 -0700, Yar Hwee Boon <hboon at motionobj.com>
wrote:

> On 03-Jul-05, at PM 12:09, Blake wrote:
>
>> I have a project right now I'd like to do in seaside, but it requires
>> me to be able to read and display a table on the web, something easily
>> done in other environments, but not in Squeak.
>
> Do you mean something like
> http://www.motionobj.com/seasidefaq/CreatingATableOfRecords?

Cool.

That's part of it. But it's not interactive, and natively there's nothing
like, say:

http://www.devexpress.com/Products/VCL/ExQuantumGrid/

Having done grids, I know they're a lot of work, and something like the
link above, wheesh. But still, there's not anything like it in Squeak,
even a plain grid. (Nothing that I can see.)

I have to wonder if we'll ever see anything that requires that big a time
investment in Squeak.