www.squeak.org finally updated

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jul 4 05:17:09 UTC 2005

Hi Adrian -

Yes, I can see why (given your customers) you might choose not to
mention Squeak or link to it. But I have two questions: From the look of
your site, it seems to me that most of what you would be doing is
related to Seaside anyway - why not instead use it as your reference?
(if you are using primarily Seaside it would seem the more logical
choice when it comes to technology reference and clearly, it's website
is catered more to the audience that you are looking at) And secondly,
do you think it's a good idea to make what appeals to suisse bank
managers the benchmark for including stuff on the Squeak.org website?
Like you are saying (and I entirely agree) there are many things up
there right now that will not appeal to a suisse bank manager. But those
things (at least up until today) are part of Squeak as well, and I think
they ought to be represented on its website. Making any particular
sub-group of Squeak the exclusive focus of what should be presented at
the web site seems very unwise to me.

Cheers,
   - Andreas