BytecodeGenerator

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Jul 4 22:32:10 UTC 2005

Am 04.07.2005 um 23:38 schrieb Benjamin Pollack:

> I was toying around with various OODBMSes in Squeak today and noticed
> that BytecodeGenerator is no longer in Squeak 3.8. Is there a reason
> why it was removed, or was that an oversight? It breaks WriteBarrier,
> which in turns slows down GOODS and breaks the development versions of
> Magma.

BytecodeGenerator was a part of Anthony's new compiler framework that I
started to move into the image. For the early 3.8unstable , I added a
whole
bunch of more stuff (e.g. RB ParseTrees) which then was skiped together
with the bytecodegenator when 3.8unstable was split into 3.8alpha
(the more
simple changes + m17n) and 3.9alpha (the rest).

You can install the package "Compiler" from SqueakMap, this contains
the current incarnation of the BytecodeGenerator, albeit from the later
version of Anthony's compiler. If this is not backwards compatible,
fixing
that should be quite simple.

       Marcus