Anyone use ClockWorks lately? (Mark Guzdial's example)

Don McLane dmclane at u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 6 04:02:30 UTC 2005

I'm working through the ClockWorks example in Mark Guzdial's book
"Squeak, Object-Oriented Design with Multimedia Applications." I'm at
the point where the MVC design is finished.  Unfortunately, even if I
file in his code, it doesn't seem to work.

The dependent class (ClockText) does not seem to be getting any update
calls.  A print statement assures me that the addDependent message is
sent.  Another print statement tells me the Clock is ticking.

What bothers me most is that if I step through the code with the
debugger, then finally say "Proceed"--it works!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Don