Anyone use ClockWorks lately? (Mark Guzdial's example)

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 6 21:29:15 UTC 2005

Jeff Pierce came up with a fix for this, but I don't recall what it
was. It may be posted somewhere at http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/cs2340.
Something broke between 2.8 and 3.0, as I recall.

Mark

On Jul 6, 2005, at 12:02 AM, Don McLane wrote:

> I'm working through the ClockWorks example in Mark Guzdial's book
> "Squeak, Object-Oriented Design with Multimedia Applications." I'm at
> the point where the MVC design is finished.  Unfortunately, even if I
> file in his code, it doesn't seem to work.
>
> The dependent class (ClockText) does not seem to be getting any update
> calls.  A print statement assures me that the addDependent message is
> sent.  Another print statement tells me the Clock is ticking.
>
> What bothers me most is that if I step through the code with the
> debugger, then finally say "Proceed"--it works!
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Don

Mark Guzdial : Georgia Tech : College of Computing/GVU
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280
Collaborative Software Lab, http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~mark.guzdial/