[ANN] Documental about Squeak project in Extremadura

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Jul 8 22:22:42 UTC 2005

Daniel Salama wrote on Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:23:22 -0400
> I've downloaded twice the 372MB file on Mac OS and both times I get an error that this is not a file that Quicktime can play. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Yes. Apple doesn't include MPEG-2 playback or generation in the free
Quicktime. You have to buy an extra component from them. Since
http://www.apple.com/quicktime crashes Mozilla I can't tell you how much
that costs (I think it is $20) or if it is included when you buy
Quicktime Pro.

As someone has already said, VLC plays the movie just fine in MacOS X.

-- Jecel