overlapsAny:, having trouble using

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sun Jul 10 12:07:51 UTC 2005

Hi, Dave, and all,

The near-term bottom line on this is that "overlapsAny:" is broken in
Squeak 3.8.

It *does* work in the current Squeakland release, which by all odds
is the ideal system for anyone doing anything serious with etoys to
be working in.

The implementation in the Squeakland veresion relies on code from the
Connectors package, which is included in the base Squeakland image
but not in the base Squeak-dev image, so at least one crucial method
is missing from Squeak 3.8.

Sorry for the delay in replying.  Various other interesting issues
were exposed by looking at your terrific example.  About which more
later...

Cheers.

   -- Scott

PS: Dave's email quoted below was bounced by the squeak-dev mailing
list because the attachment was over the list's limit.  It *did*
appear on the Squeakland mailing list but, ironically, the project
will not load into a Squeakland system.