Discuss Lists to be moved Tomorrow (Tuesday)

Michael van der Gulik squeakml at gulik.co.nz
Tue Jul 12 07:46:33 UTC 2005

Ken Causey wrote:
> I'm planning to move the hosting of the various
> discuss.squeakfoundation.org services, most prominently including the
> mailing lists, to the new server tomorrow.  This should go smoothly but
> for as much as maybe half an hour reception to the lists may be sporadic
> and possibly out of order.  Web access to the archives may be down for
> longer but hopefully not more than an hour or two.
>
> At the same time I will be moving ftp.squeak.org to the new server but
> no one should even notice the transition.
>
> On Thursday or Friday I plan to move the www.squeak.org site to the new
> server.

Just an idea: how difficult would it be to make "wiki.squeak.org" point
to the wiki (assuming minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak is the 'official'
wiki). Alternatively, http://www.squeak.org/wiki is probably a better
option...?

Another nicety could be forwarding email aliases, such as
kencausey at squeak.org. I'm sure those would be in high demand :-).

Mikevdg.