memory and VM issues

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Fri Jul 15 19:28:52 UTC 2005

danil osipchuk wrote:

> And, please, stop trolling *BSD users. For instance, here in Russia
> BSD systems do compete with Linux as desktop environment in terms of
> popularity. I have two - laptop at work and this box at home with
> videos, music etc., and it is somewhat funny to hear "we shouldn't
> care about *BSD users" (not to mention that Mac OS is BSD based).

aaah. ;)

Then perhaps you would care to suggest to me a version of *BSD that
supports a reasonably priced,  commercially available hardware graphics
accelerator that supports OpenGL 1.3 (or better), which, I am told, is
the minumum required to run OpenCroquet.

I eagerly await your reply.

(I am already running OpenGL 1.2 under Linux).