Plugin design issues.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sun Jul 17 21:16:33 UTC 2005

> Ok, in cross checking the VMMaker changes for 32/64 bit building I
> have discovered they have not yet been released.

I trust that will change in the near future...

Right now I'm looking at how I might enhance Large Integers plugin...

Ideally, it will operate on units of memory proportional to the
allocation unit of the image (which will be assumed to be proportional
to the width of the underlying architecture.)

Right now we have 32 bit architectures, x86, G4, ARM, MIPS 4000 etc...,
64 bit architectures: x86_64, IA64, G5, Alpha, MIPS 5000, and even some
128-bit MIPS variants...

What is the "best" way to detect the width of the target VM type?

>From there it should be relatively easy to pad out instances of Large
Integer for these types of calculations...