Chronos

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jul 20 00:06:59 UTC 2005

Looks interesting, but I sure hope you'll get your licensing terms in
order. In particular this:

	"4. You must agree not to port or translate Chronos into any
programming language whose syntax, semantics and computational model are
not substantially compliant to the ANSI Smalltalk Language
Specification.  Porting Chronos to non-Smalltalk programming languages
is strictly prohibited.  However, you are welcome to enter into
negotiations with the copyright owner for permission to port Chronos to
non-Smalltalk programming languages.  In some cases, permission may be
granted at no cost or other encumberance."

Unless you are trying to find out whether anyone actually reads the
license (in which case you've earned yourself a pat on the back for
adding a really creative little clause to your license ;-) I think you
should seriously rethink the attitude express by this clause. Surely you
realize that niche languages like Smalltalk would be hurt more than
other systems if everybody would pick up this attitude and have
do-not-port-to-languages-i-don't-like clauses.

Cheers,
   - Andreas