Several i18n questions

Michael Rueger michael at impara.de
Wed Jul 20 13:49:55 UTC 2005

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>>- right now, there is only one file for all the translations of a
>>language, but what happened for package that are not part of the kernel
>>of Squeak ? Do we need to have a translations files for each package
>>(outside from the code) ? when a package is removed from the image, do
>>we have to remove also the translations ?
>
>   Yes, this is an issue that people was aware of even before current
> "Babel" translation framework.  The timing wasn't quite right to
> implement.  We definitely should have better thing.

Actually there can be more than one translation file:

NaturalLanguageTranslator>>loadExternalTranslationsFor: translator
	"Try to load translations from external external files.
	There can be more than one file for each location, so applications can
install their own partial translation tables. All files in the specific
folder are loaded."

The language editor can't handle more than file though as far as I can tell.

Michael