Slashdot reports on Alan Kay, HP

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 22 14:07:17 UTC 2005

Gary Fisher <gafisher at sprynet.com> wrote:
> It's sad to see HP in such desperate straits; it reminds me of a farmer who abandons
> his seed corn because his wagon has a loose wheel.  I don't think Dr. Kay will be
> reduced to spending his nights on park benches because of this, and HP will survive
> in some form or another; the biggest concerns this story raises are its implications
> for our industry.

Yes.  What a pity that HP is going to close its eyes and focus more on
streamlining what they already do, instead of looking to the future.
With Kay and his gang available, they were poised to build the next
generation of personal computers....  but this proposition is for some
reason not deemed cost effective?

Lex Spoon