memory and VM issues

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jul 25 05:11:22 UTC 2005

Mmm, yes but I've had the occasional crash either in the incremental
GC, or in become.
I'm not 100% comfortable with the VM after the 32bit/64bit changes.

It would be interesting to understand why this VM fails, and is it
the same as the VM's I'm generating?
Perhaps some can zip me the interp.c and email me (not the list) it
and I'll compare it to mine.

On 24-Jul-05, at 3:58 PM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>

>> It compiles and runs, but usually crashes shortly after entering
>> interpret(). Sometimes the display opens fully on the screen, and
>> several Squeak debuggers appear. From there, some things work and
>> some things don't.
>>
> This is very weird. I've been running a VM based on the latest
> (rolling) SVN sources and VMM.35/6/7 for months - or at least, since
> early june. Maybe it just feels like months...
>
> John has been building functional Mac VMs on the same stuff as well.
> Could it be more crapulence from gcc? It does seem to be a pretty poor
> compiler these days.
>

> tim
> --
> Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
> I came, I saw, I deleted all your files.

===