How to Install true type font as a true type font and not as strike font

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Tue Jul 26 10:26:04 UTC 2005

  Hello,

>      I have dragged and dropped a true type font for an Indic script
> into Squeak. Because it is converted to a strike font, it doesn't show
> the glyphs correctly. In particular those glyphs that must overlap on
> the previous glyph, don't show completely. Their parts that overlap go
> missing.

  Now, I'm getting curious that why you think it granted that dragging
and dropping does the exact right thing^^;

>      I am guessing that this is because it gets converted to a Strike
> font. Could you tell me if there is a way by which I could use the
> true type font as is. That's because Microsoft word and other
> Microsoft Windows applications show the text fine with the font.

  What Microsoft Windows applications can do is not always what Squeak
can do (and vice versa).  Squeak trys to be "platform-independent"; it
has its advantage, but the indic scripts are not supported by today's
Squeak by any sense.

>      Kindly help. Is there any other way out. Any url's for reference
> would also be of great help.

  There is a lot to do (i.e. write code) to make it work.  Sorry about
that.

  By the way, Is Mr. Prabhakar Katlakunta and you working with you?
If not, he just sent around pretty much the same question a few days
ago.  To strengthen the Squeak community network in Indea, it would be
a good thing for both of you to communicate with each other.

-- Yoshiki