eToys translation for many languages?

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jul 31 17:24:29 UTC 2005

Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Funny you should mention this. Yes we have, not only for the UK but
also
> for the US. After all the defaults are more in Geekish than in (any
> variant of) well-defined English ;-)
They certainly are.

One or more of you folks from India ought to think about building some
Indian-English translations as well. After all, 'Indlish' is spoken by
probably three or four times as many people as English-English. Whilst
UK, American and Indian English are still mutually comprehensible
(well, just about) they are certainly diverging quite a bit. I couldn't
quantify it but I'd say that Canadian and Oz/NZ English are much closer
to UK.

Remember the old linguists' joke - a language is a dialect with an army.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Strange OpCodes: MC: Melt down Core