New team leader for website Team? ASAP

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Jun 1 07:00:39 UTC 2005

Hi Jason and all!

Sorry for the delay, hectic days here.

Jason Rogers <jacaetevha at fast-mail.org> wrote:
> Goran, can you outline for us what this position entails or is that too
> cumbersome?  I would like to be able to offer my services to the

Nope, not cumbersome at all. :) The position as Team leader is to make
sure things get done! :)
It doesn't mean you need or even should do it all yourself - the job is
to make sure the Team is productive and to report back to me (being the
coordinator assigned to that Team).

The Teams we have and the team model describing how we work:

	http://anakin.bluefish.se/castaways/6

There are currently 9 members on the website team mailinglist (hmmm, I
am not there... ok added - make that 10), but say half have been active
I guess.

> community, but I don't want to sign up for something when I don't
> entirely know what will be expected of me.

I expect you to just lead the team. :)

There is already a nice look in place (even though it seems barfed right
now) and SmallWiki  works (modulo some issues). So basically it is about
rounding up content and getting the website to "match" (as in not miss
something important) the current squeak.org site so that we can later
replace the former.

But again, this doesn't mean that *you* should do the work. The team
should. :) And I intend to try to chip in a bit, at least with some
texts and "points of view".

regards, Göran

PS. Can SmallWiki "render" the site like Swiki can? Might be a nice
route.