Code example repository

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Wed Jun 1 08:09:31 UTC 2005

Chris,
I made BabySRE, the Baby Reverse Engineering tool, to help me explore the
living  Squeak objects. I find it materially reduces the period of
confusion and irritation when I have to enter a new part of the Squeak
image or one of the packages.

You can load BabySRE from SqueakMap. A document describing it is at
    http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/2004/babysre/BabySRE.pdf

The package also includes an extension, Object>>traceRM:..., that dumps the
stack at a check point.

Enjoy
--Trygve

P.S.
I must admit that to me, some code is too cool and crafty to be explored by
this tool or understood by reading the code. (I created the BabySRE tool to
find out why I couldn't put up balloon help on a certain morph while it was
easy to do so on its neighbour. I still don't know the answer...)

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver
N-0378 Oslo           Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27
Norway