AbstractString vs String when loading Refactoring Browser

Jesse Welton jwelton at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jun 3 17:39:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 10:25:46AM +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:36 AM, lucv at etzou.net wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >On a fresh full image 3.8-6665 I try to upload/install Refactoring
> >Browser 3.8.40 and have an error in regards to the AbstractString.
> >I know there was some recent activity on this and maybe this
> >package is
> >not up to date with the latest full image.
> >(AbstractString class>>expandMacro:argument:withExpansions)
> >

> I just checked again: I have no problem when loading 3.9.40 into
> 3.8.6665.
> This version should not contain any changes to AbstractString.

You mean RB 3.8.40, right?  I get the followng warning:

"This package depends on the following classes:
  AbstractString
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  AbstractString class>>expandMacro:argument:withExpansions:"

If I proceed from this notifier, things seem to install properly.  The
given method does not appear to be called, so I would guess things
should work.  (Haven't tested it.)  But the notifier certainly gives
the impression that the package is not, in fact, correctly
installable.

-Jesse