3.8 and french (and locales)

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jun 5 22:31:37 UTC 2005

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> Most of that spec sounds good, although it is overkill for the question
> at hand the language by itself would work.  All we need is a stupid
> primLanguage function that has a fallback to an image-level preference.
> This might make a great hacking session on #squeak some time if you can
> gather VM hackers for at least two platforms.
A LocalePlugin is already written to the spec Mike Reuger passed around a while
back and it will appear in the next release of VMMaker. I even have a sample
implementation of the platform specific parts for RISC OS.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Every program is either trivial or it contains at least one bug.