Distributed Squeak Programs

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:30:15 UTC 2005

The syntax is always Smalltalk. Trying to hide the semantics of a
distributed environment is bound to fail (Jim Waldo c.s. have written
a good article that discusses this in "A note on distributed
computing" - http://research.sun.com/techrep/1994/smli_tr-94-29.pdf).

Given that, there are various packages that help you build various
kinds of distributed systems with Squeak. Rmt, my Gossip stuff,
TeaTime, etcetera. For simple remote message passing and remote
procedure calls, Rmt is probably what you want to look at first.