3.8 and french (and locales)

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Jun 7 13:34:47 UTC 2005

On Jun 5, 2005, at 9:09 PM, Lex Spoon wrote:

> Most of that spec sounds good, although it is overkill for the
> question
> at hand the language by itself would work.  All we need is a stupid
> primLanguage function that has a fallback to an image-level
> preference.
> This might make a great hacking session on #squeak some time if you
> can
> gather VM hackers for at least two platforms.

Ok, and that will never happen.

Mike's proposal is out there for at least 8 months, and nobody as yet
has done a better proposal, yet argue against it.

This is the typical thing in the Squeak community: Not doing the
practical
next step, because "something better" could be done. That will then
never
be implemented, thus then nothing happens.

      Marcus