3.8 and french (and locales)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jun 7 21:04:04 UTC 2005

> Mike's proposal is out there for at least 8 months, and nobody as yet
> has done a better proposal, yet argue against it.

Actually, this proposal was discussed between Mike, John Mac, Ian and me
to make sure it can be implemented relatively easily.

> This is the typical thing in the Squeak community: Not doing the  practical
> next step, because "something better" could be done. That will then  never
> be implemented, thus then nothing happens.

The practical next step here would be to find some time to actually
implement it. I'm kinda guilty here because the discussion of the locale
plugin coincided with my move to Palo Alto and it just got dropped then
on my part.

Cheers,
   - Andreas