Changing "Harvesting party" mail title

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jun 8 04:40:23 UTC 2005

Hi -

The question whether the title harvesting party is appropriate or not is
  indeed a very interesting question. I won't speak for others but
personally speaking I think the title "harvesting party" sounds like a
meeting for harvesters, e.g., it has a feeling of being exclusive. When
I first saw it I actually interpreted it as a hint not to add to the
noise on the channel (e.g., more like "please stay out because we have
important things to discuss and we need the channel").

Because of this, I do like "Squeak Chat" a *lot* more since it's
inclusive - you are free to chat about everything which may include
items on the harvesting list. Indeed I would go further than that - I'd
try to invite guests to each chat (preferredly those that many Squeakers
know and may want to asks questions) perhaps even giving a talk and a
tour of parts of the system.

Cheers,
   - Andreas