Interface class in Squeak

Hoang Hao hoanghao456 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 05:11:19 UTC 2005

Thanks everyone for your reply.  I tried the SharedPool idea, but a message do not understand warning, and I don't know where this error comes from.  Here are what I did:
1.  I made a SharedPool subclass named GUIConstants that has a class variable, totalAnimatedFrame.
2.  I initialized it to be 5 in the initialization.
initialize
 "to initialize constants"

     super initialize.
     totalAnimatedFrame _ 5.

3.  I created another class named testGUI that uses the value of totalAnimatedFrame.
    initialize
 "to initialize"

     super initialize.
 variable _ GUIConstants totalAnimatedFrame.

In the workspace, I executed:
c _ GUIConstants.
t _ TestGUI new.

All of these works grant me a warning, Message not understood: GUIConstants >> totalAnimatedFrames.
I traced through the error and found it located in the initilization of the testGUI.

If anyone knows, please let me know how I can fix the problem.

Thanks,

Hoang Hao
Tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
Todd Blanchard wrote:

> What do you want the interface for?
>
> If it is just to provide a place to declare some useful constants and
> share them with a few classes, then you may want a PoolDictionary
That would be a SharedPool subclass these days. Still a tricky little bugger
but a bit less awful than randomly assembled dictionaries. At least they assist
in providing a declarative (re)initializer.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Useful random insult:- A 20th century man... The guy has no future.