[REPORT] Report 3, kick in the behind! (and my first post on the list)

Iede Snoek iede at muziek.demon.nl
Thu Jun 9 15:24:19 UTC 2005

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

><snip of important text>
>

>Burning issues, again!
>--------------------------
>When we formed the Coordinators we compiled a list of "burning issues":
>
>	http://swiki.krampe.se/castaways/2
>
>...and it is IMHO a pretty good list covering most things that just
>aren't working that well. So... let's all read it - at least once - and
>then post your best idea. So please, please, read - think - post.

Burning issues indeed. I quote from the site:
<quote>
Newbie programmer Squeakers have a hard time helping out too! (hard to
know where to start, mentoring?).
</quote>
This is indeed true. Although not quite a newbie programmer, and being
on the list for quite a long time, I have no idea where I can start to
help out. Maybe a scheme could be devised for newbie programmers,
because many people are interested in squeak (and rightfully so) but are
put off by the fact that squeak can seem quite inaccessible..

Greetings,

Iede Snoek