[TEAM] Website Team Report

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Fri Jun 10 14:03:36 UTC 2005

Well, here goes for my first official ProgressReport for the WebsiteTeam.

Since the last report (was there one? :) Stephane Ducasse has stepped
down as TeamLead and we have acquired a new TeamLead, namely me. :)

Thanks to Stephane for leading this team's efforts so far.  I will
endeavor to do as good a job.

Having been TeamLead for a whopping 24+ hours I have already noticed a
burning issue: we need more help.  You may ask how you can help, please
consider the following:

    1. HowTo texts: you can submit these to the SqueakDevMailingList.
They won't necessarily be used in whole or in part, but I do promise to
read them all.
    2. ScreenShots: Do you have a favorite "world" in Squeak?  Perhaps
there is a portion of Squeak for which you would like to have more
visibility.  We will be accepting screen shots soon (hopefully).  The
process by which we will do this has not yet been determined.  Posting
screen shots to a mailing-list seems like a bad idea since it will
potentially bog down email accounts subscribed to the list, so stay
tuned for how you can post your favorite shot.
    3. Goran Krampe has been working on some texts for the site already,
namely a "selling pitch" for Squeak and a "joining the community HowTo".
    4. The new site is planned to be hosted at
http://box1.squeakfoundation.org:7777.  We are currently having issues
with this site (SmallWiki issues and a reference to an unreachable
StyleSheet) that is causing very slow responses (on the order of 3+
minutes per page).  We are working on this and hope to have it fixed
very soon.

If you have any questions, concerns, or other feedback please feel free
to hop into the discussions.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20