Apple Services menu via Squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jun 13 01:55:11 UTC 2005

Awhile back someone asked about making the macintosh Squeak VM aware
of the Services menu.

I spent a few hours today working on this issue and now have a plugin
that allows you to feed
text, perhaps other things, to the items on the Service menu. For one
this allows you to select text
in Squeak and invoke Speak Text.

However I need a few volunteers to try it.

Also I've been trying to understand how to get Squeak to return a
value as a result of doing a calculation.
So for example in another application selecting '3*4'  and going to
the Services menu and invoking
"Squeak DoIt" and have it return the value 12.

However I've not been able to make this work, oh well perhaps next
weekend.
===