Final 3.8 and translations ?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Jun 16 12:50:53 UTC 2005

Hi!

Doug Way <dway at mailcan.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, June 12, 2005, at 11:32 AM, Michael Rueger wrote:
>
> > Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> www.squeak.org is still pointing to stable version 3.8 of the image.
> >> Is 3.8 image officaly out, released?
>
> I assume you meant to say that www.squeak.org is still pointing to 3.7
> as the current release, which is true.
>
> >> Does the 3.8 image will finally include locale translation or do we
> >> need
> >
> > Hmm, I built and uploaded a 3.8 version that includes the latest
> > french translation. Isn't that in the "usual" download places yet?
>
> I guess the "usual" places are in transition. :)  I know that people
> are working on getting squeak.org pointed to the new content soon, but
> maybe we should go ahead and update the current squeak.org site to
> point to 3.8 instead?  (And maybe just update it to point to
> box1.squeakfoundation.org already since that is the new ftp site.)
> Bruce? :)

I am in contact with Dan about repointing squeak.org to box1 so that we
more easily can edit those pages, and eventually of course move to the
new website. But no results yet. I had thought we would have managed to
do this by now so I haven't even tried to track down anyone that can
edit the pages currently in place.

regards, Göran