[TEAM] ToolBuilder Update

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Thu Jun 16 17:23:46 UTC 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 10:07 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Hi brian
>
> what do you mean by 3.9 integration.
> Do you mean that your work should be pushed/integrated into 3.9?

That was the general idea from the beginning of this project, that we
would provide a UI toolkit neutral API that all the tools (Browsers,
Dialogs, Prompts, etc.) would use, so that whether you were using
Morphic, Tweak, Seaside, MVC, wxWidgets,
         self confirm: 'Are we there yet'

would do the right thing.

For a great example, try StandardFileStream forceNewFileNamed:
'foo.txt', when foo.txt is locked from a Seaside app. You don't get a
traceback, you get a PopupMenu in the image asking if you want to
rename the file. Not ideal.

Does that make sense?

Brian